Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Total Abandonment and Absolute Trust – Part 2

 


Michael continues, explaining that abndonment means to give God permission to help himself to my life. As the bond servant bound to his master by the bond of love said, “my joy and rejoicing is to serve you Lord... to honor you to the praise of the glory of your grace.” The greatest joy is in the object of joy: Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.  

British pastor Charles Spurgeon said, when people leave a sermon, the greatest compliment is not when the people say, “Isn’t Spurgeon a great preacher.” Instead the greatest complement is, “isn’t God a great God?” The message doesn’t point to the messenger, it points to the message of the good news of salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

Personal abandonment and absolute trust is the prerequisite for God to heal the land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” The first requirement is to “humble thyself.” To approach a holy God, we must abandon ourselves in humility as a humble servant in prayer and praise to our Lord.  

When he was being nailed to the cross Jesus said, “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.” As the scripture says in Romans 12be not overcome of evil but overcome evil with good. The Christian Group Phillips Craig, and Dean sings a song “I am crucified with Christ, and yet I live.” The lyrics and music for this song are a confession of total abandonment and absolute trust. Here is the link to the URL for this song:  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwji0dGfnKjsAhVOLK0KHU2JCQkQwqsBMAd6BAgLEA0&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dqjf_D6h6hlk&usg=AOvVaw3wWICkdE7uX7uryXq2S-nP

Here are the lyrics:

 

As I look back on what I thought was living I'm amazed at the price I choose to pay. And to think I ignored what really mattered cause I thought the sacrifice would be too great. But when I finally reached the point of giving in, I found the cross was calling even then.

And even though it took dying to survive, I've never felt so much alive.

 

For I am crucified with Christ and yet I live. Not I but Christ that lives within me. His Cross will never ask for more than I can give, for its not my strength but His. There's no greater sacrifice, for I am crucified with Christ and yet I live.

 

As I hear the Savior call for daily dying, I will bow beneath the weight of Calvary. Let my hands surrender to His piercing purpose, that holds be to the cross but sets me free. I will glory in the power of the cross. The things I thought were gain I count as loss. And with His suffering I identify and by His resurrection power I am alive.

 

And I will offer all I have so that His cross is not in vain. For I found to live is Christ and to die is truly gain. For I am crucified with Christ and yet I live. Not I, but Christ that lives within me. His Cross will never ask for more than I can give, for its not my strength but His. There's no greater sacrifice for I am crucified with Christ and yet I live … Amen.

That we may live to the praise of the glory of His grace!

 

Your brother in Christ, Michael

No comments: