Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Faith Or Fear – Part 2


Continuing Michael's message, he writes: Hebrews chapter 11 is known as the “Hall of Faith”. In this chapter, Enoch was taken up to see God.  He was a man of faith. James said, “Faith without works is dead. Show me your works and I’ll show you the fruit of your faith.” Faith is evidenced by the results when we love, praise, serve and honor the Lord.  
People fear what they cannot control. Through trials, God will teach us that He is In control … that He is sovereign over all. Does God do everything with our best interest in mind?  Do all things really work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose. “Trust in the Lord. Don’t lean to your own understanding. Do not take matters into your own hand. The Lord asks: “When have I promised and not kept my word? I will make your paths straight. Will you not then trust me in this present crisis as you have trusted me before.  I deepen you in the furnace of affliction.” What seems to be a wind of destruction is a trial so that you can rest in my love. Through the pain and affliction, I will show you that my love is certain and unshakable.
Through the trial and discipline you will learn, like as a Father cherishes his children, so the Lord has mercy on them that fear him. Rest assured that I have you in my own intensive care. Through the pain of loss, draw on the resources of my grace. If I’ve allowed your heart to break, heaven rejoices when you proceed through the trial with a singing spirit. If you abide in me and my word abides in you, ask whatsoever you will and it shall be given to you. Therefore, be as a beacon light to reflect the glory of the Lord. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.”  For we have this treasure in earthen vessels so that he excellency of the power may be of God and not of us.
The testing of our faith works patience.  According to James 1:2-4, “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”  Verse 12 says, “Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
As Cory Ten Boom said, “We will never know that God is all we need until he’s all we have.”  Through trial God will comfort us as He transforms us according to purpose to which He has called each of us to be holy and without blame before Him in love. Through the testing of our faith we will understand that our purpose is that we should live to the praise of the glory of His grace!
Your brother in Christ, Michael



No comments: