Thursday, October 12, 2017

What's in your Mirror? – Part 2


Continuing Michael's message from yesterday: When the devil attacks us with deceptions and accusations, God gave us spiritual armor to withstand against the evil one in the evil day. Ephesians 6 says to put on the whole armor of God for we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness from on high. Therefore have your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Take up the helmet of salvation, gird your loins with truth. Put on the breastplate of righteousness and take up the shield of faith to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one. Take hold of the sword of the spirit, which is the Word of truth.  

God has given each of his children abilities to serve according to His will. The mirror will reveal our hearts. As David said, in Psalm 51, "Search my Heart O God.  Try me and prove if there is any evil thing in me.  Cleanse my heart and keep me from all unrighteousness."  Unless we turn to God through his word, our decisions will be fear based. However, by turning our hearts to the Lord we will make faith-based and not fear-based decisions.

Do you want to spend the rest of your life learning, then go become just like Jesus?  If this is your prayer, God will answer. Therefore, humble my heart O Lord. Search me, know me, and try me. Calm my anxious heart. As God said to Jacob in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” When we look into the mirror of the Word of God, what will it reveal?  According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory (of the flesh) to glory (of the Lord,) even as by the Spirit of the Lord.


When we do God's Will, He may not reveal the why's and the wherefore's of life. All He asks is obedience to His Word. We may not understand the end from the beginning ... but He does. God says “My thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your waysFor as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my thoughts higher than your thoughts and my ways than your ways.” God requires extreme obedience with no questioning or complaining on our part and no explanation on His. We will learn by following in the footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ, who said, "if you continue in my word, then shall you be my disciples indeed.  And you shall know (by experience) the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

May God richly bless you!
Your brother in Christ,
Michael


No comments: