Sunday, January 15, 2023

Where is the World?

 

Where in the world have you been? Let weekend, my wife and I boarded a luxury Cruise ship destined for the Mexican Riviera on a tree year delayed week long vacation due to the world pandemic situation. We had been booking a cruise to Mexico each year in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were quite familiar with the voyage itinerary. But, little did I know that some things onboard; one being a change in the Cruise Lines Loyalty Program which allowed me a limited amount of free internet access to the Internet during the journey. It was always known that the ships WiFi system did not allow any communication outside of the vessel and Cellular Phone service aboard ship was captured by the ship's antenna that added massive roaming charges. 

So, to my surprised, I was held hostage to either pay an enormous charge for limited internet services through the ship's satellite connection or go "radio-silent" during the trip. As you can see, I chose the latter and enjoy an electronics-free vacation break. I am sorry to those who regularly read the Blog, but I had to "go with the flow" and push pause for awhile. For may years, I have posted some Christian message or Christian sermon, and now may be the time to start throttling back to a more manageable schedule.

I read an old classic book written in 1932 on the Cruise titled "Brave News World"by Huxley. This book used to be required reading in most American Public Schools as the Novel communicated a real threat of a totalitarian government which is true in every generation. If you have not read it, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do. The similarities to today's world are astoundingly shocking and bring appreciation to the liberties and freedoms in a Free Republic, where God is not in the safe and Ford is on the shelf (read the book to understand what that means).  

Blessings in Christ, Brian


No comments: