Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Jesus Is Lord - Part 2

Michael continues that the bond-slave’s earmark identifies him as a lifelong slave of his master, bound by the bond of love. The master is obligated to take care of his bond servant’s needs. Through the trials and tribulations of life, the question our Lord asks is, “despite what happens, will you still purpose in your heart to honor, love and serve me?” A bond-slave lives and runs to do his master’s will. His delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doth he meditates day and night. Is Jesus Christ Lord of your life? Do you love Jesus? Do you want to spend the rest of your live learning to become just like Jesus? When someone answers yes to these three questions, we declare them “person of God.” Then we pray over them. The phrase “People of God” means God’s people. Grammatically, this is the “genitive of possession.” Christianity is not who we are, but rather, WHOSE we are.

Cory Tin Boom said, “I hold everything loosely. Then when Jesus needs to take it away from me, it doesn’t hurt because he won’t need to pry it from my hand.” Even though we sinned and continue to sin in our flesh, God gives us a way to return to fellowship and reconcile our hearts with him. According to 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”We’re called to the body of Christ so that we can encourage one another in the love of God. Jesus said, by this shall all men know that you are my disciples, that you love one another.

God always has our best interest in mind. He has called us and made us according to his image, Christ in us the hope of glory. The purpose is that we would be to the praise of the glory of His grace. Obedience in intimate loving surrender to His spirit is to live life more abundantly. It’s always in our best interest to press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. When we’re on target according to His will, then we can rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.

The Apostle Peter had to be broken and humbled before he could turn his heart to the Lord. He had said to Jesus, “though the whole world forsakes you, I will never forsake you.” Jesus said to Peter, “before the cock crows twice, you shall deny me thrice.” The night before the crucifixion, Peter had followed Jesus to the high priest’s house. Jesus was being unjustly accused before the high priest while Peter was warming himself outside by the fire. A man approached Peter and said, “I recognize you as one of his followers. I can tell by your speech that you are a Galilean.” Peter denied him saying, “I never knew the man.” Just then Peter heard the cock crow and Jesus looked toward Peter. Jesus and Peter locked eyes. Peter’s heart was broken. He went off and wept bitterly.

The world thinks that “surrender” is to give up what’s important as a “self-actualized” individual. “Hands up, I surrender,” according to the world, is a declaration of defeat and not victory. However, the world’s doctrines are the complete opposite of the truth of the Word of God. The world cannot understand the meaning of the hymn “I Surrender All.” The lyrics of this hymn are what it means to confess with thy mouth, “Jesus is Lord.” In my own power and in my flesh, I cannot sing this song and mean it. However when I return to him in loving obedience, I can sing these words with Christ’s heart behind my heart: 

All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him. In His presence daily live. All to Jesus I surrender. Humbly at His feet I bow. Worldly pleasures all forsaken. Take me, Jesus, take me now. All to Jesus I surrender. Make me Savior wholly thine. May Thy Holy Spirit fill me. May I know Thy power divine.

I surrender all. I surrender all. All to Thee my blessed Savior. I surrender all. For you are my Lord and Savior, that we may ever live to the praise of the glory of Thy grace!

Your brother in Christ, Michael





No comments: