Saturday, November 14, 2020

Prayer Needs That Every Church Has - Part 1

This last Sunday, Pastor Herk preached that God is still on the throne. Christ is still King of kings and Lord of lords. The Bible still has all the answers to life’s problems. The tomb of our risen Savior is still empty. Jesus is still the only way to Heaven. Prayer will still work powerfully to make a difference and God will still answer. The Cross of Jesus Christ, not the government of man, will be our salvation. There is always room at the foot of the Cross and Jesus will save anyone who puts their faith in Him. God will always be with us; never going to leave us or forsake us. 

 

John 17:8-12 “The words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours; and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.”

 

It is frightening to see all the sin and corruption that is going on in our country at all levels, and we need Christian spiritual revival for a return to God so badly. It is needed so desperately. Pray for the nation and pray for the church that all the Holy Spirit’s power be upon them. There are four specific prayer needs that every church needs. There are an awful lot of words said at church. There is power in the words that we say and use. I pray that we use our words wisely. We need to be careful how we use our words and think about the affect on others who hear them. It is the business of those who attend church to pray mightily. Prayers that cover the pastor that the Gospel message preached has a dynamic effect on the hearts, minds and souls of all who hear. The church shall be known as a container of explosive truth and never ashamed of the Gospel because there is power in the Gospel for the saving of souls to everyone who believes. 

 

John 17:13-21 “But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth. “I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.”

 

The message of the Gospel within the church should detonate and spread throughout the community and one of the detonators for the Gospel is prayer. We forget how important prayer is and take it for granted. So many in the church pray without expecting a result, but just because they feel that it is the right thing to do. We need to pray with the expectation that there will be answer to our prayers, because they are answered. God may say “yes”, He may say “no”, He may say “not now but latter”, or may say “I have something better in mind”. 


Let's continue PAstor Herk's message on the Christian c church in the next post.

In Christ, Brian

 

No comments: