Saturday, January 4, 2020

Man Up – Part 2


I try hard to find the location of pics like this. I found at least half a dozen versions of this, but not one had anything about where this was taken. If you know the location for sure, you can message me.

Continuing Michael's message, he asks: What does it look like to “Man Up”? One attribute of “manning up” is that our strength is in GodPsalm 46:1 says, "God is our refuge and strength..."  Isaiah 49 says, "He gives power to the faint and to them who have no might He increases strength." Another attribute is perseveranceColossians 1:11 says, “Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness”. James 1:1-4 says “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”

A third attribute is integrity, 2 Corinthians 8:21 says “Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.” According to Psalm 41:12, “And as for me, you uphold me in my integrity, and set me before your face for ever.” Overcoming is another characteristic of “manning up”. Who is he that overcomes the world? 1 John 5:4-5 says, “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”

Another aspect of “manning up” is to do what is needed. According to James 1:22, “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”  Galatians 3:9 says, and be not weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap if we faint not. James 4:17 says, he who knows to do right and doesn't do it.  To him it is sin. It's only by God's grace and mercy that when we sin, we can “man up” and hand it to Him. “Manning up” is to surrender our will to His will and our ability to His ability. Romans 13:14 says, “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.”  On our own we can do nothing. To “man up” means that God is our sufficiency in all things.

We all have two fathers. One is our earthly father or the father figure who taught us the Word of God. God is our Heavenly Father who loves us and will never forsake us. When we “man up” by surrendering our will to His holy will, we will understand these lyrics of an old hymn: “Make me a captive Lord, and then I shall be free. Force me to render up my sword and I shall conqueror be. I sink in life's alarms if by myself I stand, Imprison me within thine arms and free shall be my stand.” God exhorts us to “Man Up” and “Woman Up”. To rise up as men and women of God.  And in so doing, may we ever live to the praise of the glory of His grace!

Your brother in Christ, Michael

No comments: