Thursday, March 31, 2022

Create in Me a Clean Heart – Part 2

Blue ice and cracks on the surface of the ice. Frozen lake under a blue sky in the winter. The hills of pines. Winter. Carpathian, Ukraine, Europe stock image

Michael continues: Sin separates our heart from God’s heart. Sin is literally “missing the mark” set by our heavenly Father. However, the emphasis of the word sin, is not on the missing … instead the emphasis is on the mark itself. The mark is the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. You have to look at the target, focus on the target, and then concentrate on and aim deliberately at the bullseye in order to hit the mark. The target is God’s righteousness; Jesus Christ himself. For He who was without sin was made the perfect sacrifice for sin on our behalf that we may be made the righteousness of God in Him. If we’re walking in close proximity with Him, He will fill our field of vision. It’s impossible to miss the target at point blank range; when we follow close by Jesus’ side.

The devil will distract our attention from Jesus Christ, the truth of God and His Word. He’s up to his old tricks and just as he tempted Eve,  he tempts us today. He questions the love of God and the Word of God. To work on our relationships, first we must have our vertical priorities in alignment. Our first priority is to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. You treasure that which you love. To love God above all is to treasure the treasures in Heaven and not upon earth … for where you treasure is, there will your heart be also. The unbelievers questioned the Apostle Paul … they said, you’re one of those hypocritical Pharisees. How dare you judge us according to your impossible standards of the Law of sin and death? However, Paul said, I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that (Holy Spirit) which He has committed unto me against that day of righteous judgement.

Israel’s King David said, search me O God and know may heart and see if there be any hurtful way of unrighteousness thing in me… Cleanse me and lead me in your way… test me… try me and prove my heart.Through the testing of trial and tribulation, the pressure of the test will reveal God’s character in us. For tribulation works patience, and patience experience…. God’s tested character, and experience hope… the hope of the resurrection and heaven. And hope makes not ashamed because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us.

The source of sin is the nature of the flesh that we inherited from Adam’s fall. The “god of self” and it’s domain is heavily defended territory. How do we defeat the god of self? According to Corinthians, the battle is for hearts and minds. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal. They are not of the flesh, but spiritual to the pulling down of the adversary’s spiritual strongholds. The way to pull down these selfish strongholds is “casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. To live for Christ, we must die to self; to our sin nature. For I was crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life that I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Life upon this earth is but a vapor; a nanosecond in eternity. Life on earth will soon be passed, only that which is in Christ shall last. Therefore, set your affection on things above, not on things of this earth… search me O Lord and know my heart… Create in me a new heart O Lord and cleanse me from all unrighteousness, that with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength I may love you above all; to treasure treasures in Heaven, to live this life pressing toward Your mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, and to the praise of the glory of Thy grace!

Your brother in Christ, Michael 

No comments: