Thursday, February 20, 2020

Just Enough

saguaro and prickly pear cactus covered in snow, Apache Trail, Superstition Wilderness Area, Arizona -----see this is all the snow i need! New Mexico, Beautiful Landscape Photography, Beautiful Landscapes, Nature Photography, Mother Earth, Mother Nature, Beautiful World, Beautiful Places, Superstition Mountains 

Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

Our Small Group Bible Study continued this week with the sixth session of the That the World May Know video series “Walking with God in the Wilderness. Host Ray Vander Laan asks, “What do you picture when you think of the biblical metaphor of God as Shepherd and His people as sheep? We tend to overlook the fact that, often, He provides for us when we’re facing difficult circumstances in the deserts of life. Why the desert? There you have nowhere else to turn. In the desert, God shapes and molds people who would depend upon and follow Him. People of ears, who listen and hear His Words, then, respond by following Him. The sun is still hot, our path is still steep, but God gives us just enough to keep us going.

The “just enough” blessings shape and mold God’s people into a trusting community that loves Him and depends on Him to provide for its every need. Do you have enough right now? The shepherd leads his flock to green pastures that they have what they need right now. Trust the Shepherd and follow Him for provision daily. We need to trust Him completely.  Consider the trust and obedience the Israelite learned when God provided just enough manna for each day and any remaining manna spoiled (except the extra Sabbath ration). Even when His people settled in the Promised Land, each family received just enough land to live contentedly in a relationship of trust, obedience, and dependence on Him.

John 10:10-11,14-15 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.”

God still desires to shape and mold those who follow Him into a people who trust Him fully and obey Him faithfully. So He leads us, like a shepherd leading his sheep, into the “desert” where we learn to love Him as our Good Shepherd.

In Christ, Brian



No comments: