Monday, July 9, 2018

A People that Lacks Spiritual Understanding – Part 2


Psalm 25:4-9 “Make me understand your ways, O Lord! Teach me your paths! Guide me into your truth and teach me. For you are the God who delivers me; on you I rely all day long. Remember your compassionate and faithful deeds, O Lord, for you have always acted in this manner. Do not hold against me the sins of my youth or my rebellious acts! Because you are faithful to me, extend to me your favor, O Lord!  The Lord is both kind and fair; that is why he teaches sinners the right way to live.  May he show the humble what is right! May he teach the humble his way!”

Continuing from the last post, Pastor Kyle gives us the third godly elements of people with spiritual understanding is that they know they don’t have to learn every lesson in life the “hard way”. 1 Corinthians 10:11 says, ‘These things happened to them as examples and were written for our instruction, on whom the ends of the ages have come.” We do not need to “reinvent the wheel” by doing everything our way. We live in a day and age when an entire biblical university is at our cell phone, tablet or computer’s key. Great Christian books and DVD’s are available on any subject under heaven. Experienced pastors and knowledgeable lay teachers are a phone call or text message away. And most of all, the Word of God is still there to bless you daily. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.“

The fourth godly elements of people with spiritual understanding is that they cultivate an attitude of perpetual repentance. A heart that desires to turn back to God and change; a will to do it, and a plan with tangible steps. Webster’s dictionary defines the word “repentance” as: In theology, to sorrow or be pained for sin, as a violation of God's holy law, a dishonor to his character and government, and the foulest ingratitude to a Being of infinite benevolence. The God of the second chance is the God of the third, fourth or fiftieth chance for the repentant follower of Christ. 

Hosea 5:15-6:1,6“I will return again to My place till they acknowledge their offense.
Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.” Come and let us return to the Lord; For He has torn, but He will heal us. Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.”

There is a common belief in our culture today that attending and supporting a church and gracing our presence at a worship service, praising and giving glory to the Lord, with fellow Believers is unnecessary. There is plenty of knowledge in the world today, but what lacks in this world is spiritual knowledge. The Christian church and the body of Believers that makes it up, is a willing and meaningful endeavor. Sometimes, in life you are going to takes some “licks” and be wronged unjustly. In that, we model Jesus. The concepts of pursuing spiritual knowledge will change your life, if you let them. Go to God.

In Christ, Brian

No comments: