Friday, January 13, 2017

Lincoln White - The Provider


Lincoln White, 86, died December 18, 2016, with family at his side in Henderson, Nevada.

2 Peter 1:10-15 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.

At least for me, it seems natural that we discover a characteristic name about everyone who touches our life. Debbie is this way, Vikki is that way and Michael is another, so we tend to develop a title that helps our memory of the individual. Lincoln White is no exception. Ever since Linc married my Aunt Pat in 1976, he always seemed to be a man gifted with allowing those close to him to take center stage as he supported and provided for their success. We lived pretty far away, but always got together on occasional holidays as families do and each visit was founded and centered in hospitality and love. I’d sit and watch as Linc (a pillar of strength) provided the reinforcing assistance and confidence-building encouragement for his cherished wife. During his lifetime, Linc led from the from and proved guidance and leadership to everyone and in everything he engaged in, from his work to his lodge to his family to his emails to the world. Yet, in all that he did, you could see the essential goal of providing something that would improve the people and their lives that he touched. He left a legacy of providing. The great ones do.

2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

My Aunt Pat told me, in one of my last conversations with her before her passing, that my generation was soon losing her generation and not to take them for granted, but learn from them all that we can (from their experience and wisdom) before they are gone and we no longer have the ability or opportunity for such a great blessing in love. Do not take for granted, but cherish and take advance of the time we have with loved ones. Lincoln White has gone to be with the Lord in glory, but his dash was dashing while he was here. Thanks be to God for His life of sacrificial giving and teaching us all to be a better person in this life.


In Christ, Brian



No comments: