Tuesday, December 22, 2015

By God's Grace


John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Ok, for the most of us, we go through life experiencing minor troubles on the scale of what could go wrong. Major setbacks and life-struggles in health and well-being are, hopefully, not experienced at all, or few and far between, and not have any permanent affect. Negative talk is severely frowned upon, as the power of “positive thinking”; the Bible speaks to this in Philippians 4:8, where the Apostle Paul states: “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” But, he doesn’t tell us to be ignorant or pretend that there is no trouble or negative or evil in this fallen world. But, we are to focus on “good”, grounded foundationally on God in faith and love. We find peace in walking in the Spirit, praying and praising our Creator father in heaven, and they Savior Lord Jesus who has overcome the troubled world to redeem it.

Matthew 5:44-45 Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.


On my way to work last Thursday, in congested traffic, a truck suddenly crossed over the double/double yellow lines on the Freeway in front of me and, not being able to avoid, my motorcycle collided and I was thrown violently into the truck, deflected ferociously low side to the pavement and over two lanes. Trouble became a reality, but miraculously I came away, not only with my life spared, but injures isolated to a broken right leg, a fractured left wrist and a couple scuffs only. By the grace of God, there are no head, neck, spin, hip, shoulder or internal injuries at all. I have a long, slow 6-8 week rest, rehabilitation and recovery, but t he Lord has glorious things in store for me ... and you. Focus on the Lord.

In Christ, Brian

No comments: