Thursday, January 21, 2016

Real Fulfillment in this Life


Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


Many find their purpose in their work. Most are "refugees" upon the road of life. However, what is the real purpose and meaning of life?  In moments of introspection as we reflect about our lives:  our families including our spouses, our sons and daughters; our work and our possessions, questions emerges:  "What really matters as I'm living this 'American dream?'  Why do I do what I do and for what purpose am I living?  Why are some people in the crowd a little different?  They seem to have a peace and a genuine caring about me.  These folks are refreshing to be around instead of the people at work who are concerned only about money, success, and pleasure.  Where can I find real fulfillment in this life?  I'm a refugee in this life looking to be rescued.  Even though I look successful on the outside, I'm really desperate inside to find something meaningful.
Psalm 139:23-24Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

There is a process for transforming lives and rescuing them form the bondage of this sin-sick world.  Ministry is designed to bring men and women into proximity with their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We're here to pick up others so that they can become self-feeders on the true word of life, so that they can develop a hunger and thirst after righteousness,  so that they can press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Influencers and the Journey groups are ways to connect men's hearts with God's heart. Ministry is a process to transform lives.

Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Ministry enables people to draw closer to God as they draw closer to one another.  According to 1 John 1:3-4, That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship iswith the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.  And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

May God richly bless you as we Influence one another to press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus along the journey of this life which our Lord has foreordained that we should walk as His disciples. This is where we find real fulfillment in this life.

Your brother in Christ,
Michael

1 comment:

Controversial Christian said...

Hi Brian. I used to write another blog, now I write a more Christian focussed one. Please have a look. P.s. I always like reading your blog.