Friday, May 15, 2015

Friendly Fire – Part 2


Romans 7:17-19 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.”

Michael continues his message on the love of God. He writes: Only our Lord Jesus Christ can love unconditionally ... to love regardless of love given in return. Therefore, put on the mind of Christ. In Philippians 2:8, Jesus humbled himself, took  upon himself the form of a servant, and became obedient unto death, even unto the death of the cross. How could Jesus have loved even though He was reviled, persecuted, tortured, and crucified?  He, who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross and is seated on the right hand of GodHebrews 12:2. What was the joy set before him?  His joy was your redemption and mine. Doubting Thomas said to Jesus, "unless I put my finger in the nail prints in his hands and thrust my hand into the wound in his side, I will not believe."  Jesus told Doubting Thomas, "blessed are those who have not seen the wounds in my hands and side, and yet believe" – John 20:27- 29. People of this world say, "I want my just desserts."  However, the Word of God says, "the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" – Romans 6:23. God loved the unlovable by giving us His only begotten son ...  He who knew no sin became the prefect sin sacrifice on our behalf that we may be made the righteousness of God in him – 2 Corinthians 5:21.

1 John 4:19-20 We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.”



The key to loving others is to not feel uncomfortable in their presence when you see them, even after a long period of separation. This truth will set you free.  Judge not (as a continuous judgmental nature) lest ye be not judged – Matthew 7:1. Of course, we have to judge “right” from “wrong” and “Good” from “bad” by the Word of God. But, the love of God is unconditional.  Love gives without expecting anything in return. Loving and forgiveness go hand in hand ... both require nothing in return. The love of God is to love the unlovable. The forgiveness of God is to forgive the unforgivable. Herein lays the secret to avoid killing and being killed by "friendly fire" within the body of Christ ... I forgave and set the prisoner free, only to find that the prisoner was me.

Therefore, be ye kindly affectionate one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you - Ephesians 4:32.

May God richly bless you.
Your brother in Christ,
Michael

No comments: