Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Trusting God - Part 2

Peaceful Waterfall

Michael continues that the Bible says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Because of our sinful nature, Jesus said, there is none righteous, no not one. People trust their feelings instead of the truth of the Word of God. The lies of this world have indoctrinated men and women of this world to be suspicious, cautious, wary, and untrusting.  However, our need is obedience to God according to His word. He alone is worthy. He alone is trustworthy. The things of this world and the people of this world will let you down. However, God is faithful to His word. God said through his Prophet in Isaiah 55:10-11 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

According to Chambers’ devotional, Jesus said to His disciples  in Luke 24;48-49 before His ascension, “And you are witnesses of these things. Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.” Since this prophecy was fulfilled at the day of Pentecost in Acts 2, the power of the Holy Spirit has empowered Christ followers to serve Him. When God’s needs are met in Christians’ service to Him, then His purpose will be fulfilled through His Believers.

His trust is that He has given us His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our purpose is that His life would be manifest in our mortal flesh. According to Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

God calls a minister to pastor his church when the man of God is ready for the challenge of ministry. The vocation of “minister” is defined as: One who serves at the altar; one who performs sacerdotal duties; the pastor of a church, duly authorized or licensed to preach the gospel and administer the sacraments. A minister is one who “runs to serve the Lord.” When a man or woman spends time in His word, God will work in them, with them, and through them to will and to do for His good pleasure.

An excerpt from “Faith in the World,” a devotion from the Puritan prayer book titled “The Valley of Vision” says: “The world is artful to entrap. It approaches in fascinating guise, extends many a guilded bait, presents many a charming face. Let my faith scan every painted bauble, and escape every bewitching snare in a victory that overcomes all things. In my duties give me firmness, energy, zeal, devotion to thy cause, courage in thy name, love as a working grace, and all commensurate with my trust. Let faith stride forth in giant power, and love respond with energy in every act. Thy Word is full of promises, ... fruit of refreshing flavor when culled by faith. May I be made rich in its riches, be strong in its power, be happy in its joy ... Lord increase my faith

That we may trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not unto our own understanding, that we may be to the praise of the glory of His grace,
Your brother in Christ, Michael

No comments: