Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018


2 Timothy 1:5b "remembering the genuine faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and that I am persuaded lives in you also.” 

The late Dr. D. James Kennedy wrote: On Mother’s Day, we need to remember that there is no gift that we could give them that compares to the gift that they have given us—the gift of life. In fact, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world, for without the moral law of God taught them by their godly mothers, men and women find it extremely difficult to govern rightly (the standard being what is right in the eyes of Almighty God). This has been echoed by innumerable great people of history. USA President Abraham Lincoln said, “All that I am and all that I hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”

What influence has your mother had on your life? If someone wanted to quote you on the impact your mother has had on you, what would you say? Today, thank God for your mother and for the impact she has had on your life. Make sure to thank her, too, through a phone call, a letter, or a thoughtful gift. Let her know how much you cherish her and her influence. Mothers play a pivotal role in God’s design for our world. 

 

I thank You, Lord, for my mother today. Help me to honor and love her (or her memory) and be a good child of hers all the days of my life.

No comments: