Monday, April 30, 2018

Awaken _ Part 1


Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Our church started a program of seminars titled “Awaken” that has the participants look back on their life experiences which shaped who they are today and blends with the Great Commission of Christ to discover and focus on our strengths, in order to be on mission within this broken world to reach others with the love of God.

Matthew 28:18-20Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Through exercises, we developed individual “Value Statements”. I wrote: “I was created by Almighty God, in His image, in this time and place on earth for a planned reason and a godly purpose. Through my sin, I know that I was spiritually dead and separated from God by my fresh desires, the lawless world and the devil that defined my identity, void of God’s holy Word, Will and Way. But, when God came to my rescue and revealed Himself to me, I found my true intended identity in Him through Jesus Christ. It is my desire that He continue to reveal more of His Will for me as time and experience walking in the Spirit and as I receive His loving guidance for my life here and now. I know that I am a part of the body of Christ, working in unity through the Holy Spirit for the “good works” that God planned in the world. May I live in Christ, as Christ lives in me, for God’s glory.

In Christ, Brian

No comments: