Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fear - Part One - Our Testimony


This week, Michael writes: As men and women of God we claim to be people of faith, but we all deal with fear. Even though the holy Word of God says that with Him all things are possible to them that believe, when we rely on our own ability we will sink in the “Seas of Life”. Paul, when he had finished his missionary journey said in 2 Timothy 4:7-8, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”  Paul's life story was a witness and a testimony to his “living” Lord.

Despite the trials and tribulations, when Paul, figuratively and literally, fell, he rose to the occasion to fight the good fight and finish the race by faith. As John the Baptist said, the purpose for our lives is that we may decrease so that Jesus Christ may increase.  According to evangelist and teacher Oswald Chambers, when we become "insidiously preoccupied with self," we need to come to the realization that as Paul said, "In me dwelleth no good thing.  However, thy strength is made perfect in my weakness, thy grace is sufficient for me."  - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Reverence and submission to God's loving command will overcome fear.  Hebrews 11:1 says that "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Our lives are a testimony and a witness of God's grace, mercy and love. God brings us to the end of our own abilities so that we can tap into His ability. Through the long and winding road of life, God never gives up on any of us. Through the emotional pain of life, we don't rejoice in the pain. However God allows the pain so that we can understand that comfort and rejoicing is in the glory of God. Christians, who are seasoned in the faith, understand that despite the suffering, thy grace is sufficient for me.  At Gethsemane, Jesus prayed, "Father, if there be any other way, let this cup of suffering and death pass from me." Then He prayed “the freedom prayer”: "nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done." There is a purpose for the pain. The purpose is that not my will but thine be done. The purpose is to subject my will to His will.  The next question is, "How do I deal with the pain?" The world will say, take care of the symptom by alleviating the pain, but don't deal with the root problem. However, Jesus never dealt with the symptoms; He always dealt with the root of the problem. 

Let’s continues Michael’s message on our Testimony and Witness on the next Post.

In Christ, Brian

No comments: