Monday, April 3, 2017

The God of Peace



John 14:27-28 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”

Just prior to the Lord Jesus Christ telling us of the Peace of Christ, from the Prince of Peace, He speaks to us all of how He was going to the kingdom of Heaven to prepare a place for the Believer, His Followers, the redeemed children of God.

John 14:1-4 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Then tells us of the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide our steps on the road to eternity in Heaven with Him and our Heavenly Father forever.

John 14:15-18 “If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Christ’s peace only comes from Christ. That by knowing who you are as a “saved’ sinner by the grace of God, Redeemed and justified by the atoning blood of Jesus and forgiven to a regenerated heart and spirit; a child of God, destined (not for eternal punishment in Hell, but) for eternal life in Heaven, this peace can only come from Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

No worries and no fear because you have a blessed future beyond this journey here and now. Know Jesus know peace. No Jesus, no peace.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 “May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”


In Christ, Brian

No comments: