Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Alpha and the Omega


Revelation 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Living in a material world, we tend to think of things in a physical manner, and forget that our Creator God is Spirit and exists forever outside of the dimension of time and matter. Therefore, this ever-present, all-Powerful Creator God is all-knowing because He can see the end from the beginning. An infinite Maker of heaven and earth is beyond our finite comprehension, let alone being omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, but He reveals Himself to us all in His Holy Word and in His Creation. We are never out of His vision and care.

Psalm 139:7-10 “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.”

The 1828 Webster’s dictionary defines the word "omnipresent" as ‘”Present in all places at the same time; ubiquitary; as the omnipresent Jehovah.” It is amazing to think about the fact that everything that has been made, was made by Almighty God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), and even more amazing to think that we will be with Him in Heaven for eternity.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.”

In God We Trust is more than our national motto; it is our foundational statement of truth. The Apostle Paul said in Romans 8:31: “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” God is the beginning and the end, so what do we have to fear? Rest assured, everything is in the hands of our heavenly Father God. Rejoice!

Isaiah 46:9-10 “Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure,’”


In Christ, Brian

No comments: