Revelation 2:17 “Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.”
Pastor Kyle tells us that there are five new names that God has already spoken over everyone who calls Jesus Christ Lord.
1. Forgiven – God promises, by the Cross, forgives all sin (past, present, and future). Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” Forgiveness is a calling to all Christian. Matthew 6:12 “And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.”
2. Holy – Applied to the Supreme Being, holy signifies perfectly pure, immaculate and complete in moral character; and man is more or less holy, as his heart is more or less sanctified, or purified from evil dispositions. We call a man holy, when his heart is conformed in some degree to the image of God, and his life is regulated by the divine precepts. 1 Peter 1:16 “Be holy, because I am holy.” Hallowed; consecrated or set apart to a sacred use, or to the service or worship of God. 1 Peter 2:4-5 “As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him — you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
3. Child of God – There is nothing we can do to cause God to love us any less. John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name,he gave the right to become children of God — children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”
4. Sojourner – To reside temporarily. Here for a purpose, but this is not our home. 1 Peter 2:9-11 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul.” Make disciples of all nations.
5. Blessed – be content with what we have on this side of heaven. In Christ, we are blessed to be a blessing to others. Ephesians 1:3-5 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” We are not here to horde it and have it.
2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”
In Christ, Brian