Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Perfect in His sight


Romans 4:8 “Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”

God has imputed His righteousness to every Believer. That means that instead of your sin being on your account, it is His righteousness instead. Not only has He forgiven us. Not only has He covered our sins. But He gives us His righteousness. 

Remember that I wrote earlier that the 1828 Webster’s dictionary defines the word “righteousness as: Purity of heart and rectitude of life; conformity of heart and life to the divine law. Righteousness is nearly equivalent to holiness, comprehending holy principles and affections of heart, and conformity of life to the divine law. It includes all we call justice, honesty and virtue, with holy affections; in short, it is true religion. Right in the eyes of the Lord.

John 17:17 “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.”

I fail, but God will not impute that to me. If God were to impute sin to me, then when I fail I would be lost again. How much sin would it take to make me lost? How many sins did it take for the Fall of Mankind in the Garden of Eden? Just one sin. You see, I’m not going to heaven because I’m perfect. I’m not perfect. You’re not perfect. No one is perfect. But we have received Christ as our righteousness. And in His eyes, by His atoning blood, we are perfect.

        
         In Christ, Brian

No comments: