Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Too Close to Where I Got in


John 14:21 “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

I heard a story about a little boy fell out of bed and was crying. His mother came, picked him up, and said, “Honey, what’s wrong? How did you fall out of bed?” He said, “Well, I guess I went to sleep too close to where I got in.” I think there are a lot of people who have done exactly that. They get into Christ and somehow they just seem to go to sleep right there. They say, “I’m saved and that’s it.” But, that’s not it.

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

The Lord God meets you where you are at, but does not keep you were you are at. It’s just the beginning of a relationship that will last through all eternity. When Believers are justified (to absolved or acquitted from guilt and merited punishment, and to be accepted as righteous on account of the merits of the Savior, or by the application of Christ's atonement to the offender) by the redemptive atoning blood of Jesus Christ, they are sanctified (made holy; consecrated; set apart by God for  God’s sacred services) and begin the maturing into the likeness of Christ process of sanctification (the act of God's grace by which the affections of men are purified or alienated from sin and the world, and exalted to a supreme love to God). God is in the life-changing heart transplant business.

Ezekiel 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”

God wants to move you further into a knowledge of Himself. 2 Peter 3:18 “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. I don’t know about you, but I’m not satisfied with the status quo of my life. I want to go deep into the heart of Jesus. To know pure and true love, joy, peace and patience; to not get too close to where I got in. I desire the same for you.

Luke 8:11, 15 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God sown in their hearts. The ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.


In Christ, Brian

No comments: