Saturday, March 19, 2016

Confident - Part 1


John 14:1-6 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

 

Pastor Kyle continued in our church’s Sunday Sermon series titled: “The Upper Room”. He asked, “How many remember the January 1.6 billion dollar "Power Ball" lottery, won and split between three winning tickets for $528 million dollars each?” Of the three winning tickets, the Chino Hills, California winner has not come forward to claim their prize yet. They know that they have it and that they are a multi-millionaire, but walking around like they were before winning. In the same way, accepting Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord is hitting the jackpot of everlasting life in God’s kingdom; a child of God and citizen in heaven starting are the moment that they first believed.  But, how many believing Christians walk through life as if they haven’t claimed it; living like they did before in this unholy world? We have got to have confidence in God’s eternal purposes; know where we are going and how to get there. We need to see and hear Jesus in our prayers, in our church, in His Holy Word, following the Lord – the only way to the Heavenly Father.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

 

Heaven is the true hope of all Christians and Heaven is the true home of all Christians. Know that Heaven and Hell are real places and that Jesus Christ is the “Narrow Gate” that determines everyone’s eternal destiny. Be confident in where you are going after this life comes to an end and how you are going to get there? Be 100% sure that that in Jesus, our sins are forgiven and we are forever in His loving hands. John 10:27-28 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

 

Be confident about God’s desire to answer your prayers. God will give you the desires of your heart when your heart is aligned with His holy Word, Will and Way. Pray in accordance with the Lord purposes and in His name, then our purposes and desires align with His and we can be confident in God’s answering. John 14:12-13 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

 


John 14:15-17 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 

 

Be confident about who is always with you. If we are in Christ, then the promised Holy Spirit is in us, living our life in Him. He is the down-payment to everyone who believes. He is the One that enables us to live the life that Jesus taught. He is the One who reminds us of our calling. He is the One who comforts us in our affections. He is the One actively performing miracles in our lives today. He is the One who speaks to us in that “still small voice” and gives us strength that we didn’t think was possible. He is the One who reminds us the words of Jesus. Know that the indwelling Holy Spirit is with us. 

Let's stop right here today and continue Pastor Kyle's message on being confident in the Lord on the next post. 
In Christ, Brian

No comments: