Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Fighting Chance – Part 2


Michael continues: When the Lord arrives, the devil and his minions must leave. Even the devils believe and tremble. They know who has the greater power ... Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. Jesus Christ said, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He that believeth in me, though he were (spiritually) dead, yet shall he live." Without the spirit of God, the unsaved man is spiritually dead.  He cannot put on the spiritual armor described in Ephesians 6:10-17. He is not equipped to stand against the schemes of the devil, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. God's Salvation is only through accepting the Lordship of Jesus Christ according to the power of the Resurrection.


There are four categories of people after hearing the spiritual life-giving gospel of salvation. The first is those who reject the message outright. The second category is those who vainly attempt to receive salvation, but there is still something missing and they know it. The third is those who think they are saved, but they're not. They remain lost, blinded by the sinfulness of their own pride. As the scripture says in Matthew 7:22-23Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:  depart from me, ye that work iniquity. The fourth category is those who after receiving the message unto salvation, know whom they have believed and are persuaded that He is able to keep that (spiritual life) which He's committed to them against the day of judgment. For those in the fourth category Jesus prayed to His Father, "those that thou hast given me...  protect them from the evil one." The power of the darkness of this world constantly surrounds us. If we think that we can avoid the fight, then the battle is already lost. “Casual Christians” are casualties of the spiritual battle. My prayer is not that God is on my side, rather, my prayer is that I am on God's side.


What is our responsibility?  Our responsibility is our response to His ability.  Men and women of God have been called to fight the good fight, to over come the world through the spiritual life-giving power of the Resurrection. Overcomers having received spiritual life will stand victoriously in His presence in the day of God's righteous judgment. Therefore be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord -1 Corinthians 15:58. Put yourself in the game. Give yourself a fighting chance. On God's team the odds are in God's favor. The victory will be in this life or the next ... Now thanks be unto God who always giveth us the victory in Christ Jesus and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place - 2 Corinthians 2:14.

O Victory in Jesus, my savior forever;  He sought me and bought me, with His redeeming blood; He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him; He plunged me to victory; Beneath the cleansing flood.

May God richly bless you.
Your brother in Christ, Michael

No comments: