Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Overcome Evil with Good – Part 2


Picking up on Michael's post from yesterday, he writes: Moderation according to the word is self control. Humility is power under control.  A wise man once said that a million wild horses cannot drag me away. For power to be effective, it must be harnessed, guided, and controlled. Harnessing the power of God only comes with humility. I must give up the right to myself ... Jesus said in Matthew 16:25, “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.” The requirement for salvation is to turn from myself and my own pride and unto Christ. Therefore, set your affections on things above, not on things of the earth – Colossians 3:2 ... Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth shall grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.

In the trials of our life, our prayer should be, “Lord what are you teaching me through this trial”?  “O Lord, mold me and make me after thy will, while I am waiting, yielded and still.”  In the white-hot crucible of life, with the onslaught of fiery darts in the heat of the battle (Ephesians 6:11-17) and the transforming pressure of this life, my prayer is, "Lord, mold me and make me after thy will...  while I am malleable, that I may not be conformed to this world's mold, but that I may be transformed by the renewing of my mind ... that I may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

Pride prevents us from acknowledging that we need help.  Pride says, "I can make it on my own." Humility says, in myself I can do nothing. Prayer is the response of a humble heart. Prayer is aligning my heart with Gods heart. Humility says, delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give the desires of thine heart – Psalm 37:4. Only then can God work within you to will and to do of His good pleasure... when our delight is his delight, and when our good pleasure is his good pleasure.  


1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.”

May God richly bless you!

Your brother in Christ,

No comments: