Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Lord Liveth


Psalm 18:46The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted.

There is so much packed into this short line of Scripture that each sentence (almost each word in each line) stands alone as a Sermon topic. We do not use the word “Lord” much these days because it is defined as a master; a person possessing supreme power and authority. We just don’t have many sovereign kings that reign, rule and lord over their “Subjects” today. In scripture, the Lord refers to the Supreme Being; Jehovah, the word is also applied to Christ, and to the Holy Spirit – God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is eternal and infinite. Everything was created and sustained by God and He has supreme power and total authority over all. He is the “living” God; the great “I Am”. God is real, God exists, and He is my Lord!

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

We are blessed in this life that the Lord has given us, yet we have been blessed to be a blessing to the Lord and to our fellow man. That word blessed is defined as “happy”; enjoying spiritual happiness and the favor of God; enjoying heavenly felicity (that which causes happiness). What is that cause? Jehovah Sali - My Rock, my strength, my solid and secure foundation of the Lord. Can you picture that Rock, yet the Lord, our God is beyond our comprehensible imagination. Our infinite, all-seeing, all-knowing, ever-present and all-powerful God is impossible to wrap our mind around. Yet, He reveals himself to us that we may know Him and make Him known. He is with us always.

2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior.”

Salvation is, literally, the act of saving; preservation from destruction, danger or great calamity. Appropriately in theology, Salvation is the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation of God in Jesus Christ. God is love and God is merciful. How big is your God? Bigger than anything that we can dream, yet knows every little thing about us and cares. To exalt is to elevate in estimation and praise; to magnify; to praise; to extol. God deserves all of our exaltation, our glory, our praise and our honor. Trust the Lord.


In Christ, Brian

No comments: