Thursday, February 19, 2015

God's Valentine - Part 1



John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

We were gone over the 3-day weekend that Valentine's Day fell, but found this wonderful Valentine's bible message from Michael when we returned home. Here is what he wrote: Jesus Christ was God's valentine gift of love to fallen humanity. He was given to those in bondage to release them from the prison of sin and iniquity. The devil's purpose is diametrically opposed to the gift of God. The purpose of the God-rejecting world-system and of the devil is to keep man in the bondage of sin, which separates mankind from God...  to keep men and women relegated to a position of dishonor, disrespect, and insignificance. The accuser will remind you of your sin nature, of your having fallen far from the righteousness of God. However, no pit is so deep that God is not deeper still and will pull us out. No matter the darkness, there is always be hope in “the Light of the world”, our Savior Jesus Christ. The darker the night, the brighter the light shines.

If we look at the darkness and depravity of the world around us, we will be distressed. If we look into the darkness of the carnal nature of our own souls, we will be discouraged.  However, repentance is turning from darkness to light. Bowing our hearts before the light of the Lord in prayer is the key to defeating the darkness of sin. As the great hymn says, “Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his wondrous grace.” The 1963 song by Bill Gaither, recorded by Elvis Presley in 1972 titled “He Touched Me” has the lyrics: “
Shackled by a heavy burden, 'neath a load of guilt and shame, then the hand of Jesus touched me, and now I am no longer the same.”  Let us pray: Lord, create in me a new heart; to make of me the child of God that thou hast created me to be. Teach me, O Lord, that my hope is not in the things of the world ...  not in my family, my strength, my intellect, my job, my accomplishments, my wealth, my trophies and praise of other people. Break my heart, O Lord, that I may be a vessel broken for you so that you can mend me and reconcile me back to you ... a vessel fit for your use, holy and acceptable unto you.

People of this world experience post traumatic stress through the battles and shattering of the trials and tribulations of this world. The root cause of despair is the sin that has broken our relationship with our heavenly Father. Even when we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly – Romans 5:8. He who knew no sin, became the sin sacrifice on our behalf, that we may be made the righteousness of God in him – 2 Corinthians 5:21.

When the rich young ruler saluted Jesus as "good master" in Mark 10:18, Jesus replied, "why callest thou me good?  There is none good (in himself)."  Good only comes from God.  There is none good in the carnality of their own sinful flesh.  Goodness is only in the spiritual nature of God himself. In my flesh dwelleth no good thing – Romans 7:18.  Jesus Christ came to rescue us from our carnal sin nature ... to deliver us from the sin of self-centeredness ...  from confusion, the lust of the world, the pride of life and the lust of the eyes – 1 John 2:16.  


We'll continue Michael great message for us tomorrow.
In Christ, Brian

No comments: