Thursday, February 5, 2015

Band of Brothers and Sisters in Christ – Part 2


Michael writes that it's easy to fool ourselves into thinking that we are righteous in our own minds. However, as the psalmist said, “search my heart O God – 139:33. Create in me a new heart – 51:10...  a heart that belongs to You and not to my selfish self.”  Man looketh on the outward appearance, but God looketh upon the heart – 1 Samuel 16:7

Many men and women have died on the vine for lack of encouragement. However, God has called us to let no corrupt communication proceed out of our mouths, but that which is good for the use of edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers – Ephesians 4:29. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh – Luke 6:45. He has called us to glory and virtue. He has called us to take heart, and to guard our hearts with all diligence, for out of the heart are the issues of life. May the  words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable unto thee, O Lord my strength and my redeemer – Psalm 19:14.

For many people, the spiritual battle will not be won in this life. It is appointed for all men once to die and the last enemy to be destroyed is death. As Jesus said, “he who finds his life shall loose it for my sake – Mathew 16:25. For I was crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ liveth in me – Galatians 2:20. In God's hall of faith in Hebrews 11, there is an inflection point, a change of direction in verse 36. The passage starts with those who defeated the adversary and the powers of darkness...  stories of those who stopped the mouths of lions, overcame great armies, defied death and destruction in the midst of the battle. However in verse 36, some were torn asunder, they suffered wrongs and were beaten and humiliated and stoned for their stand for their faith. These also were examples of success in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. Justice and success will be in this life or the next. Success is always in God's eternal perspective. Therefore take heart for the word says that we are pressed on every side but not in despair. We are intimidated but never loose hope. Cast down on every side but always bearing in our lives the marks of our Lord Jesus Christ. For we, as a band of brothers and sister in Christ, have this treasure in an earthen vessel that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of us...  that his life may be manifest in the mortality of our own bodies...  that our life may be hid in Christ in God. 

In the midst of the tribulations of this world, God is the Rescuer, the Deliverer, and the Savior. Therefore, Lord, help yourself to my life. Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee.

May God richly bless you!
Your brother in Christ, Michael

No comments: