Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stand in the Gap

Ezekiel 22:30And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

A long time ago, I heard that the "Fear of the Lord" was reverence for God and that made total sense. Instead of being afraid of God (which made no sense), it meant the nature fear of "letting God down" by what I think, say and do, or what I should think, say and do, but don't because I revere my Creator Father in Heaven. Like the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:26), there is a gap in this world between the hell-bound lost in sin and the heaven-bound  saved in Christ. John 3:16-17 saysFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” But we need God's people standing in the gap as light in the darkness proclaiming this gospel truth for the land (the world) to heard and respond. May we never hear God say: "I sought for a man among them, but I found none"; rather may He hear the repeated voices of His beloved children, standing in the gap and saying: "Here I am!"

In Christ, Brian



No comments: