Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Make Your Life Count for Something – Part 2


Let’s continue now with Pastor Steve Reddens’ Sermon based upon the lessons and applications for our lives from this wonderful passage of Scripture.

2 Kings 4:5-7 So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured it out. Now it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said to her son, “Bring me another vessel.” And he said to her, “There is not another vessel.” So the oil ceased. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt; and you and your sons live on the rest.”

God’s standards are for our benefit and joy of life. Are we ready? The truth is that we’ll never be ready, so we need to step out in faith and get involved with ministry. It’s easy to say, “I don’t like it, it’s not for me” or make comparisons like, “I don’t need to because I am not as bad as others.” We may even try to swing a deal with the Creator of the universe saying, “God, if you do this or that for me, then I’ll obey and follow.” If I do not like it, it is I who has the problem. We need to build relationships and reach others with the love of Christ and bring them to church because both we and they need to. We cannot postpone this ministry of the Lord saying, When I get to the next level, then I’ll give myself.” The woman in this Bible passage didn’t get one empty jar and try it out on some test run. She trusted God to provide and got many empty buckets as told. And once all the last jars were full, God's work was done. God did it, but to the level of her truth. She had no ability to do what was done. It’s about what God does and about what we do.

Proverbs 3:5-6Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Salvation belongs to the God, but we must work in life in light of it. It all depends on God and it all depends on us. Get going, make your life count for something. You heard the term, “Let go and Let God”, well, we need to “Get going and Let God.”

Pastor Steve Reddens
Crosspoint Church
Temecula, California

No comments: