Tuesday, May 20, 2014

God Behind You


Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.  He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

I heard a story once about this young boy who was walking down the street, when a group of bullies turned the corner in front of him and stopped. With hatred on their faces, their eyes focused completely on the lad, filling him with fear. They took a step forward, but then their expressions quickly changed to fear and they turned and walk away. The amazed youngster turned around and gratefully saw his father had walked up behind him. He found courage in the presence and security of his loving dad and walked fearlessly and confidently with him at his side. Is this not a parable for us today? We have God behind us.

Romans 8:30-31 Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Always remember the words of our Lord Jesus Christ - Immanuel (Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל “God is with us”) in Matthew 28:20Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” , and let's walk boldly it that truth daily. 

In Christ, Brian

2 comments:

Larri said...

Amen! ツ

Brian Ray Todd said...

Just think of how each day would look with the Lord always with us. Then realize that He is! Oh Larri, He is! We live in the face of our loving Lord God every moment, every breath on earth. Rejoice!