Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thank you God for another beautiful day


Psalm 118:19-24 "Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, and I will praise the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord, through which the righteous shall enter. I will praise You, For You have answered me, and have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."


I have to admit that I like these little wallpaper Bible verses from http://www.crosscards.com/ that Uncle Jimmy in Spencer, Iowa introduced me to. We all have favorite verses, and maybe even what is commonly called a "Life" verse (being one particular foundational verse of the Bible that we claim for ourselves to guide us daily that we stand on, build upon, and live in). When we accept the free gift of redemption, salvation and eternal life in heaven by Jesus Christ taking our place on the Cross to pay the price for our sins, He comes into our hearts to live and we become His temple and dwelling place for the Holy Spirit. We have the presence of God always! These verses above speak to our hearts of eyes that see His marvelous creation and works; beyond nature to His goodness and righteousness. It starts with "the Chief Cornerstone" Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who is the key that opens the gate of righteousness, that we can go through them and praise the Lord for who He is and what He's done for us, including this beautiful day that He has made and ordained us to live in as a child of the living God, that we may truly, truly rejoice (because we have life and life eternal in Him) and be, beyond doubt, glad in it. Amen? Thank you God for another beautiful day. We rejoice in it!


Amen.
In Christ Brian

2 comments:

Larri said...

Amen! :)

I don't really have a Life Verse. I've been thinking a lot about my prayer life, and how I 'pray' but don't really pray His word. Over the last few days, I've begun typing out Psalms and praying them. Surprising to find how much more they resonate deep within.

Happy Sunday!

Brian Ray Todd said...

I see what you mean Larri. I have hundreds of favorite verses, passages and chapters in the Bible, so I guess that it say to say that I love it all. Some verses come to mind more, simply because they remind me of what the Lord has done for me and is doing today. But I find that no matter where I turn in the Old Testament or the New Testament, the Word of God specks to my heart mind and soul. I love your idea of praying a Psalm. Sometimes, we can get caught up in reading the words, but forget to "make them our own" at the heart level (observation, interpretation and application, as Pastor Phil says)in our life and conversation with God. Praying them is an outstanding suggestion. Thank you for sharing.