Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi


Isaiah 42:8-10  “I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”  Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. 

December 2013 A.D. has been a busy month for me. A year-long planned vacation, a surprise retirement offer that I took, and a three state road trip to visit family for the holidays have made this an action-packed time. 

Now, a new year begins tomorrow, 2014 A.D. - Anno Domini - The term Anno Domini is Medieval Latin, translated as In the year of the Lord, and as in the year of Our Lord. It is sometimes specified more fully as Anno Domini Nostri Iesu (Jesu) Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ"). I like that. Blessed New Year!

In Christ, Brian 

No comments: