Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Goddaughter's Baptism Day




John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

Back on March 14, 1999, my wife and I stood up together before the church with our wonderful little 8 year old goddaughter, as she committed herself and her life to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in her Baptism ceremony in front of the congregation of our church. Moments before the Baptism service, in a Sunday school room, Tiffanie prayed a special covenant prayer that I wrote for her: Jesus come into my heart and forgive my sins. Be my Lord and I will follow you all the days of my life. I accept the free gift of eternal life with you in Heaven and the Holy Spirit within me, to guide me, today. I will love you, obey you, serve you, trust you and praise you always. Amen.” I wish that I could share with you the feelings of love, joy and thanksgivings to be a part of this moment of Salvation and life commitment of this precious young lady – a Child of God. My knees were literally shaking at the gravity of the moment of her decision to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. Today, I simply like to honor my priceless goddaughter and her decision for Christ, 14 years ago today. Glory be to God!

Proverbs 16:1-3 The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the spirits. Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established.

 

In Christ, Brian


3 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

Thanks be to God!

child of God said...

Hi Brian,
Reading her testimony brought tears to my eyes.

Blessings brother, you must be proud.
<><

Brian Ray Todd said...

The Sovereign God message, the Bible message, and the gospel message must be presented to a God-rejecting, Bible attacking and gospel ignorant world. This generation (adults and children) are being indoctrinated with secular lies and egocentric immorality, with eternal consequences.

It is of the utmost importance to not tolerate sin (as defined by God) or allow evil (in the eyes of the Lord) to be normalized and labeled "good". The work of the Christian church is to influence the culture for Christ; not to be influence by the culture against God. Our children and our world are at stake, so let's tell all those around us, within our sphere of influence, about the Lord and Savior of the world, in order to help bring them to a "saving" knowledge and decision for Jesus Christ. Just like Tiffanie did.