Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ONE FATHER



Malachi 2:10Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?” 

What does “One Father - God” mean to us personally”? And as the human race? God is our Creator. Whether the world believes and accepts or rejects this fact, the created still stands accountable to the Creator. Anything that we place in higher importance than our loving Maker is considered another god. I look at God’s attributes, like eternally self-existent and sufficient, sovereign and supreme Creator and Ruler of the Universe, All-powerful, All-knowing, All-seeing, present everywhere in all dimension, totally righteous in judgment and truth, truly Holy, the essence of love and mercy, and I realize what He has done, is doing and is going to do for me and you … I am awe-struck. Really sitting down and thinking about our one Father achieves a greater understanding of His first three Commandments concerning our responsibility in reverence towards Him.

Exodus 20:1-7And God spoke all these words: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

The “fear of God” is the reverence that we would never desire to fail Him or let Him down by our thoughts, words and/or actions. Everything and everyone else that is position in front of God is truly “spiritual adultery” against God, our one Father. Our sin nature from “the Genesis Fall” has driven us “away”, but our Lord God has provided “a Way" for our restoration and reconciliation to a loving personal relationship with our one Father again, holy and blameless. How could we take such a love, such a great redemption and salvation, adoption as children, citizens of the kingdom of heaven by our one Creator Father lightly? Do we know Him? I want to know Him more.Galatians 4:4-9But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God.


Mark 12:29-30 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. Love your Father.

In Christ, Brian

6 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Brian,
When I read this I think of John 3:19
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Man loves evil. :'( In Revelation 20 we are told that after the thousand year reign, Satan will be set free to v8 deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth... Even after living with Jesus reigning for one thousand years, people will still be deceived because they really do not know the Father. This greatly saddens me.

God is Creator and He is righteous. He alone is worthy to be worshiped and I thank Him often for giving up His Son so we can have restoration and reconciliation with Him.

I too, want to know Him even more, I never want my relationship with Him to be so feeble that I am easily deceived.

Blessings brother,
<><

Ken said...

Hi Brian,
I agree with you and Child of God, I want to know Him more. The deeper we fall in love with Him and the better we get to know Him, the more we want to please and serve Him. When I reflect on the greatness of God, I am in awe of His majesty.
Awesome post. God bless,
Ken

Aritha V. said...

Very nice post, thank you. Maleachi 1:6 is one of the first verses God brought into my heart by the Holy Spirit. (20 years ago).

http://kostbaar.blogspot.nl/

Brian Ray Todd said...

Child of God, Knowing the one true God and His loving plan of salvation in the gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ is the step from the evil darkness of sin, into the light of faith - reconciliation, redemption and restoration unto regeneration and eternal life. It's the "from & to" of a pure and true personal relationship with our God and Savior. We wish this reality upon everyone. Thanks for that great point.

Brian Ray Todd said...

Thanks Ken for your great comment and the insight that the process of sanctification is a "growing in the knowledge of our Lord" experience that just deepens our faith and love of our godly relationships, both vertically with our One God and horizontally with others. Thank you for sharing.

Brian Ray Todd said...

Jedidja, Excellent point that it is God who bring the truth to us by the Holy Spirit. The One Father, sovereign Creator God of the universe love us and personally touches our lives. Malachi 1:6 says “A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I am the Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is My reverence? Says the Lord of hosts
to you priests who despise My name.
Yet you say, ‘In what way have we despised Your name?’ Where is our Heaven Father, Lord & Master's honor and reverence? Excellent question from God to drive us to worship, gratitude and praise. My first verse, that I can remember, from God brought into my heart by the Holy Spirit was Ephesians 2:1-10. Thank you Dutch sister in Christ for the comments.