Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Fields are Ripe for the Harvest



John 4:34-35 Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work. You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest.

Comfort zones are places that all of us seek and enjoy, churched or unchurched. The find a regular route in life that is predictable, with nice things and  surrounded by those who meet the needs of the "good" life with the least amount of stress. But, children of God we are not alone here. This is no heaven, but a lost and dying world lost in sin and in need of the Savior. 

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 


We have been sent out with the ministry of reconciliation for the saving of the lost in sin. The fields are already ripe for harvest, but the workers are few. We need to get out of our comfort zone and help others to come to a "saving" knowledge of Jesus Christ, the Blessed Redeemer. Can you invite someone who does not know the Lord to church with you this week? There is a "world of hurt" out there looking for forgiveness of sin, salvation and a restored relationship with their Maker. Let's make a difference this week, and make inviting others a part of our regular comfort zone, knowing that eternal lives are truly at stake. 

In Christ, Brian


2 comments:

child of God said...

Thank you!! I needed to read this today.

Guilty, I am. :( I had an eye appointment today and had the opportunity to use the word blessed, instead I chickened out and said fortunate. I know it doesn't seem like a big thing but the root in my heart is big and ugly. I didn't want to sound like a goody, goody. I didn't want to stand out as being different. That to me is sad. So I am glad I read this because the time is short and maybe me being uncomfortable for a short time may just be the word that someone needed to walk closer to God.

I love this short video it is very powerful.

Blessings,
<><

Brian Ray Todd said...

Child of God, you hit the psychological barrier that all of us battle. For so reason, we don't see life filled with those on the wide road to destruction, dying in their sin and desperately in need of the Savior. Does how secular society view us, affect our Christian witness? If we were standing where a bridge was out, and cars filled with people were driving off to their dead because they didn't know, would we say "I have my beliefs that could save them, but I don't what to push my beliefs on anyone else. It that love? What does God want us to do? Thanks for pointing out the cultural struggle that we all face daily. May we find courage in our Lord.