Saturday, September 1, 2012

U.S.E. Your Faith



"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." (Romans 1:17)

I read this devotion this morning and thought that I’d share its thought-stirring message today.

Today's verse contains a portion of Habakkuk 2:4, emphasizing that those who have been "twice born" can live using the same faith that God granted us so that we could believe (Ephesians 2:8). An acronym for "USE" can help focus our thoughts.

U--Use what you have: We should use the talent and equipment already in our possession to accomplish His will. Use the gifts that the Lord gives.

S--Start doing it: Nothing happens unless we become involved. God instructs, we obey, and He performs. Jesus said: “Open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest (John4:35).  

E--Expect it to happen: Understand our Lord's authority. Live confidently in the Lord. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be Patient in troubles, and keep on praying (Romans 12:12).

Circumstances will vary, but God's "formula" does not. Use your faith.

1 Corinthians 3:6-8I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

In Christ, Brian

4 comments:

Larri said...

Thank you, Brian! I really needed to read this today, as I've been in prayer over something. I believe He sent me to this post to hear His answer. :) Happy Sunday!

Brian Ray Todd said...

I am happy that the Spirit spoke to you and your prayer with this post. But I am happier that you went to the Lord in prayer for your situation and an answer. As an earthly child goes to their parent, we need to go to our Heavenly Father to discuss our life circumstances. God answers prayer. Happy Sunday also dear sister in Christ. Thank you for sharing.

child of God said...

Hi Brian,
Great acronym!
U se what you have
S tart doing it
E xpect it to happen

Isn't this what faith is all about? Use it, start it and expect it! This was given to me when I went to Bethel Church in Redding CA. When I was prayed over for the RA, (rheumatoid arthritis) I was told I am healed now claim it and walk in faith and expect it to happen. Although I am not 100% normal I say I am healed! I expected it to happen and it did.

Great word, thanks so much for sharing it. :)

Blessings brother,
<><

Brian Ray Todd said...

Child of God, Isaiah 53:5 says, "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." I heard today on Christian radio that the Hebrew word for "healed" here is used for a physical healing of a physical ailment. Jesus is the great Physician, as Matthew 9:35 says, Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. Praise the Lord. thank you for the comment and up-lifting story of your healing.