Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Time to check the List


Psalm 96:9-13Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth. Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns;
The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved; He shall judge the peoples righteously.” Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the Lord.  For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth.”

Part of the Christ life is to occasionally stop and make an evaluation of ourselves, to look at the truths of God and our goals & priorities, to see what direction we are going and how we are measuring up to His Word, Will & Way. To celebrate and enjoy, but also to make corrections to the methods, procedures and steering along the pilgrimage path on the journey to victory. I found this passage, in our last week's Bible study and when I broke it down like a list of goals for me, I found a nice little evaluation for myself. Here's what I found.

  1. Worship the Lord in beauty of holiness. Do I and from a pure heart?
  2. Tremble before Him. Do I tremble at His Almighty majesty and do I realize what did He save me “from” to what did He save me “to”? What it took?
  3. Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns.”  Do I demonstrate my faith and does He really reign in my life? Is He truly my Father God and does the world know it?
  4. The world is firmly established, it shall not be moved. Do I honor nature’s God, my Creator Father? Do I walk in His light?
  5. He shall judge the people righteously. Do I trust Him completely?
  6. Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad. Do I count my blessings, rejoice in my great salvation, glad that I am a child of God?
  7. Let the sea roar, and all it contains. Am I enthusiastic about eternal life?
  8. Let’s the fields exult, and all that is in it. Am I joyful with triumphant redemption?
  9. Sing for joy before the Lord. Do I just sing songs, or do I sing for joy … for Him and to Him?
  10. He is coming to judge the earth. Is He the standard for me to live by?
  11. He will judge the world in righteousness. Do His teachings and commands guide my life, defining right from wrong in this world or does the world?
  12. And the people in His faithfulness. He is faithful; am I?
There are many more lists to be found in the Word of God also. They help to draw us near to the Lord and center our thoughts, words and actions aligned with Him in Thanksgiving. 
Looks like I still have some work, but loving the job. My boss is out-of-this-world!
In Christ, Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah.
Words can't express the gratitude of my heart to our Almighty Father.
I LOVE what you've been writing lately. What powerful reminders of why we 'worship' and Who we worship.
Thank you.

Brian Ray Todd said...

Thank you Deb for your kind words of support. I think that (building on the foundation of salvation through Faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ), by knowing God and making Him known, we find the abundant life; not little faith, but great faith, not little ministry, but great ministry, great love, great joy & great peace ... great life worshiping our great Almighty Father. Hallelijah indeed!

child of God said...

Hi Brian,
Thanks for walking us through this evaluation. It is good to break down the Word and ask ourselves questions.

Blessings,
<><