Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Lord Jesus Christ

Deuteronomy 26:16-18 “Today the LORD your God has commanded you to obey all these decrees and regulations. So be careful to obey them wholeheartedly. You have declared today that the LORD is your God. And you have promised to walk in his ways, and to obey his decrees, commands, and regulations, and to do everything he tells you. The LORD has declared today that you are his people, his own special treasure, just as he promised, and that you must obey all his commands.”

As the saying goes: “I’m as busy as a bee” lately with coaching Little League baseball, trying to lose weight with gym workouts, Studying for, preparing outlines & teaching a class for Wednesday night small groups, household chores and errands, church and time with family plus blogging on top of my weekday job. Never a dull moment, for sure. The college-aged students in the “foundations of faith” class have commented that the fundamental truths are bringing to light the message of the Bible and making sense in a world that doesn’t. It’s a blessing to see them grow and mature in the Lord.

Psalm 47:1-2 & 47:1-2 Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty— he is the King of glory. Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. For the LORD Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth.

Lord is not a word that we hear much when referring to a person, here in America. There is no royal king, master or sovereign ruler, who exercises supreme authority, or control with dominion and power in our democratic republic of the people. Yet spiritually, someone sits on the throne in the kingdom of our soul as “Lord of our heart”, that exercises supreme authority and governs our mind’s attitude, emotions and will in life. Who do we ultimately obey: God or self? Is Jesus Christ Lord & Savior of our life?

John 14:15 & 23-25 “If you love me, obey my commandments. Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you."

The atheist (Greek: a-, without + theos, god) and the agnostic (Greek: a-, without + gnōsis, knowledge), the existentialist focusing on the condition of human existence, the naturalist focusing on nature and the natural order, paganism, universalism and all false religions, each buy into the great lie of Satan to Eve in Genesis 3:5: “you will be like God”. It is a fact of Psychology that denies most passionately those things we fear most desperately. Ultimately, living a life of mortal terror of going to hell and these distractions can become life’s purpose as God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. - Ecclesiastes 3:11

Philippians 2:6-11 “Though Jesus was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Because of this, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

We are justified by “saving” faith, repenting of our sins, denying ourselves, transferring our trust from ourself to Jesus Christ alone as Lord of our life and accepting His finished work on the cross for our salvation and eternal life, as a gift from God. A Christian disciple is a dedicated, devoted, disciplined and faithful student and follower of the Lord Jesus with a consecrated life, liberated from the bondage of sin, bearing good fruit in line with God’s will and participating in the divine nature to continually grow and mature into the likeness of Christ. Sanctify means to be set apart by God, for God purposes. There are two things that I know for sure and that is that there is a Lord that I obey and it is not me. It is the Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Halleluiah, praise the Lord!

Grace and peace, Brian

3 comments:

Alice said...

Little league is so much fun..two of my guys played last year and my hubby coached.

Jesus IS Lord, amen:)

child of God said...

Jesus, the Lord of all is a kind and gracious ruler. I wish that all people would see how wonderful He is.
All knees will bow before Him my hope and prayer is that all knees will bow willingly.

What a blessing it is to see the college and career group grow in the Lord. We need to raise our young up knowing who God is and the power He holds.

Bless you for taking on the wonderful responsibility. I would love to do this too but my kids are nearing that age and they really don't want mom leading their group. :s

God bless your busy week Brian,
<><

Anonymous said...

Amen! I also know the same two things. Jesus is my Lord and Savior :-)

Take care Brian and keep up all your good work for the cause of Christ :-)

~Ron
*******