Saturday, December 18, 2010

Conform Me, O Lord


Ephesians 1:11-12 “In him (Jesus Christ) we were also chosen] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.”

A prayer by apologist Pascal revealed a mind that recognized the sinful desires and temptations of this life that each of us deal with and Christ died for, along with a repentant and regenerated heart now bent towards God in both dependence and gratitude for the Devine hand required and given out of His pure grace, mercy and love unto forgiveness, restoration, and salvation, to live and battle for a godly and righteous life in the eyes of God, in front of his fellow man. May we be as bold for Christ and yet humble.

“O Lord, whose Spirit is so good and gracious in all things. For no change of my circumstances can ever alter your will for my life. If my heart has been in love with the world when I was in robust health, destroy my vigor to promote my salvation. Render me incapable of enjoying the worldly idols, that my delight may be only in you.

Grant , O Lord, that I may in silence adore all the order of your wonderful providence in the disposal of my life, Almighty Author and Master of nature. Grant me the grace to rectify my reason and conform my feelings to your ways. Purify my thoughts that they may no longer contradict your own. For everything that is not God is unable to fulfill my desires. It is you alone I seek, that I may have you.

O Lord, open my heart. Rather, continue to possess it, for it belongs to you. You who alone could create the soul, you alone can create it anew. You alone could create it in your image, so you alone can reproduce it, and reimpress that defaced image. Jesus Christ, my Savior, the express image and character of your essence is that image and likeness I desire.

Therefore take from me, O Lord, that self-pity which love of myself so readily produces, and from the frustration of not succeeding in the world as I would naturally desire, for these have no regard for your glory. You alone know what is expedient of me. You are the Sovereign Master. Conform my will to yours, and grant that with a humble and perfect submission, and in holy confidence, I may dispose myself utterly to you.

O Lord, I know only one thing, and that is that it is good to follow you and wicked to offend you. Grant, O Lord, that being what I am, I may conform myself to your will. Unite me with yourself, fill me with yourself, and with your Holy Spirit. Enter my heart and into my soul, so that being filled by you, it no longer be I who lives, but you, O my Savior, who lives in me. AMEN.”

Merry Christmas, Brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I add my Amen!

Brian, I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Christmas :-)

God Bless You, ~Ron
***************************

RCUBEs said...

Amen! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! God bless.