Monday, November 8, 2010

Your Truth (Part One)

Psalm 25:5 “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”

The other day, I was talking to someone about the immorality and blatant disregard for biblical truth in the lives of so many Americans today. We were discussing moral and ethical standards in society today and where they originate from. Just about everyone agrees that there is a real lack of character, charity, honesty, integrity, manners, purity, et cetera in our culture in this day and age. This non-Christian, but religious person stated that “your truth is not their truth”. What they were saying was that all truth is relative to each individual’s belief system. What is true for me, may not be true for them and vise versa.

Psalm 26:2-4 “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart. For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth. I have not sat with idolatrous mortals, nor will I go in with hypocrites.”

What does that mean? Basically, that non-Believers do whatever they want with no conviction on “wrong-doing” because they personally decide their value system and moral standards, not some God that they do not know or care about … except for that Hell thing. The world that rejects God’s moral standards (statutes, teachings, laws and commandments) dogmatically proclaims that there are no absolutes; and that they are absolutely sure of that fact. Why?

Psalm 40:10-11 “I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your loving-kindness and Your truth from the great assembly. Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O LORD; Let Your loving-kindness and Your truth continually preserve me.”

What this person, and multitudes of others, was saying is that God is not their god, but they are their own lord & master of their life. They set their own standards to follow, which are based upon their individual desires of their body, mind, will and emotions. Pursuit of unbridled pleasures, happiness, and gain without boundaries or responsibilities are the goal as they call all the shots their way. By saying that biblical truth is not their truth, they are back-handedly saying that God (Father, Son, & Holy Spirit) does not exist as the Bible declares and that Christians and Jews are living a lie. How many have put themselves on the throne of their own life, in control of what the do, where they go and who they “hang with” (good term), by their rules, following no one, but themselves … or are they?

Psalm 86:10-12 “For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God. Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.”

Something to thing about. More to follow next post.
In Christ, Brian

4 comments:

Alice said...

I have run into this with professing Christians recently, too. When faced with unmistakable biblical facts, they have chosen to love the world more.

It is very sad.

Anonymous said...

Good post Brian.

I hope that many people who are believing the lie will wake up and see that Jesus is the way, the TRUTH and the life before it is to late.

~Ron

Brian Ray Todd said...

The problem is identified, and now it is time to speak the truth in love. to get down on our knees and pray for this world, then get off our knees and proclaim His Truth while standing firm with the Word of God against opposition that will come, knowing that the battle is the Lord's. A friend of mine told me that if it wasn't for Christians telling him God's truth, then he never would have known the truth. We need to be an influence on the culture and society of dark sin, which is death. To shine the Light of Christ to a lost and dying world. All it takes for evil to suceed is for godly people to do nothing.
Thanks for the great comments.

RCUBEs said...

All these a product of heretics? I'm so glad we have the Bible to guide us and tell us about His truth, not someone else's perception.