Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Remembering Laura

Psalm 116:15 “Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.”

Monday, December 14, 2009 marks one year since my priceless cousin Laura's passed away after a couragious fight against breast cancer. Laura once wrote me: "People always look for the “why” in these situations. People often say “why me”? I guess my mindset is “why not me?”. If I ever got sad during treatment, I would remember that I would rather take on this disease than any other member of my family. Don’t get me wrong, I wish I wasn’t a cancer survivor. If I could take it all back or start all over, I probably would. But, then I remember the story of Job or Noah or Jonah or Abraham. All of them went through suffering and God allowed it to happen because that is just the way life is on earth. Suffering happens. It just does. I am a better person because of all of this and my family(extended, included) are much better, closer. I appreciate hearing the positives you saw in me, I only hope to be a positive influence on others...to help them know you can live a happy and abundant life, even while having to address cancer. I have to support other causes, too. It is just part of who I am now. Once awakened to these things, there is no turning back! :) God bless you and your family!" Laura

What an incredible woman! Though I knew her for such a short time, Laura touched my life with love and faith, and made me a better person. I hope to be half the person that she was. I heard this song today and I thought that the lyrics were fitting and honored Laura so well.

Why did she have to go? So young, I just don't know why. Things happen half the time without reason, without rhyme. Lovely, sweet young woman; Daughter, wife and mother. Makes no sense to me. I just have to believe she flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels. By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees. And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting, and I know she's smiling, saying: Don't worry 'bout me. It's hard to say goodbye. Her picture in my mind will always be of times I'll cherish. And I won't cry 'cause ... she flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels. By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees. And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting, and I know she's smiling saying: Don't worry 'bout me. Don't worry 'bout me. Don’t worry 'bout me
Alan Jackson - Sissy's Song

Laura's Husband wrote on her Blog last Friday: "Everything that happens to us leaves a mark… it changes us as a person. We all have, or will, lose someone we love. When that happens, we can never be the same. I know she does Rest In Peace. Let us remember to Live In Peace. I know it is what she wants."

Daniel 7:18 “The saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.”

In Christ, Brian

No comments: