Thursday, April 30, 2009

What shall I do with Jesus?


Acts 4:12“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

The question that determines our destiny is the same question that Pilate asked in Matthew 27:22 - "What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?" The real question is: Do you know him today as Savior & Lord? … meaning, have you invited Him into your heart? Have you surrendered your life to him, denying self (putting to death the selfish desires of the flesh)? Have you turned over your will to His control, moving from self-dependent to God-dependent? Have you repented of your sins? Have you accepted Jesus as Lord & Master?

10 Facts that I need to know, without a doubt in my heart.
1. I am a sinner, and can not save myself from the penalty of sin. Romans 3:23- all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
2. By God’s plan, Jesus died for my sin and I accept His taking my place on that Cross. Romans 3:24-25 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation?
3. God loves me. John3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
4. I have eternal life and I’m going to Heaven. 1John 5:12-13 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
5. I am a Child of God. John 1: 12-13 - Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, He gave the right to become children of God-- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
6. I repent (regret and turn away) from my sin. 1Corintians 6:9-11 - Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
7. I accept Jesus as my Lord, to control my life. Romans 12:1 - Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
I truly love Jesus and he is in my heart. 1John 14:23 - Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
8. I shall follow & obey Him with love. John 8:31 Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, “You are truly my disciples (followers/students) if you obey my teachings and commands.”

9. I have fellowship with Christ in my heart. 1John3:24 - Those who obey God's commandments live in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Holy Spirit lives in us.
10. I shall live my life as a witness for the Lord to others. Matthew 5:16 - Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Colossians 2:7 - Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.


In Christ, Brian

No comments: